Friday, September 24, 2010

Fat Man Karma

Since karma was already on my mind, I think I paid my dues for making fun of that mean fat man in my last blog entry. The evening after my encounter with him, I drove across a very foggy Wyoming mountain and hit a deer. There were deer everywhere on that road, and I was actually driving about fifteen miles below the limit to steer clear of them. Nonetheless, a mommy deer and its fawn jumped in front of my car and were immediately entranced by my high beams. I managed to take out the small one, and it cost me a headlight and a turn signal. Before you think I’m pure evil, let me point out that I hit the brakes as early as I could and ended up skidding quite a ways before Bambi ate it. And that little brat got his vengeance by leaving all these little tufts of fur in my broken headlight glass that took me a good long time to pull out!

Exactly two hours later, a highway patrolman pulled me over for a broken headlight. Go fig.

For the record, the deer ran off into the woods.
Despite all that lost fur, it didn’t even seem fazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment