Thursday, September 30, 2010

It’s Good to Achieve Something… Anything

My new goal is to see in how many different states I can get pulled over for different things without actually being fined. Why is this a goal, you ask? Simple, because goals should be attainable and I’m already on a roll. Here’s the tally so far:

  • Wyoming: Broken headlight
  • South Dakota: Speeding
  • South Dakota: Driving too close to the car in front of me
  • South Dakota: Object hanging from rear view mirror
  • North Dakota: Broken headlight

What is it, the long hair? The Oregon plates? The back seat filled to the brim with everything I own? The deer shrapnel hanging out of what used to be my headlight? Whatever the case, I feel I’m a magnet for highway patrolmen and small town cops. And they all ask me about five times if I have any marijuana in the car. Do people actually say yes to that? At least no tickets yet (knock on wood). Plus, I now have no shortage of fire starter with all these written warnings.

Nebraska will be next. Keep your fingers crossed that I get a nifty written alert for dragging a muffler four feet behind the car.

Yeah, the Infiniti could use a little work right now.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed most of your posts have zero views. That's sad because this is great stuff. Just wanted you to know there is at least one complete stranger that's been reading your posts for the last couple months or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I still enjoy writing about the trip, even if nobody knows it's here...

    ReplyDelete